It is wonderful and strange to be back. It's been a year, which feels like a long time, but some memories - like the taste of Beast - are so strong that they pull you right back to what it was like to be in college. At moments, it's almost like we never left.
I saw you at the 5th last night. Did you see me? No? That's probably because I was terrified that it was going to rain at any second, so I was buried under a pile of gaudy Princeton paraphernalia (read: Beer Jacket and Princeton cap) that caused me to blend into the crowd of other 08s so excited to be back that they couldn't wait until Saturday get down with the Orange and Black. Still though - I saw you, 2008.
You were breaking it down on the dance floor last night.
DJ Bob was in fine form last night, playing a classic mix of almost up-to-date hits that everyone loves (I'm always willing to party to a little Kayne, I don't know about you), and awesome throwbacks from the 5th and 6th grade. You are my fire? You bet your name tag buttons, I am. We were all so hyper enthused that when 2:00am rolled around and the DJ called it quits, we all chanted "ONE MORE SONG!" until he caved.
Alright - I'm sure some other classes were out there chanting right along with us, but this post is totally not about them.
It was fun running into you again after nearly a year apart. You were all freshly minted with real world experiences, minor career anxieties and quarter life crises.
I can totally relate.
Still though, it's nice to be back together again. Despite the fact that we are now all playing various versions of "Sure, I know you - but since we didn't really speak to each other college, do I have to say hello?", it's fun to talk, catch up, chat a bit.
The collective IQ under the 5th tent was so high I was getting buzzed just hanging around it. What an amazing relief to once again be surrounded by smart people! I don't know about you, but I didn't realize how nice that was until we all dispersed out in the world...
Anyways, it was nice to see those of you who were out there. If you haven't seen me yet, I'm sure you will. We still have plenty of days to play the "So, what are you up to?" game, if you're into it. Or, we could just drink Beast and be merry.
I mean - that's what we came to do, right?
Watch Wild East 1992 Online Stream Full MovieA documentary about the
Wildlife on Jersey[FREE WATCH] Wild East 1992 Online Free Full
123MovieS!Original Titl...
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment